The above meeting due to take place on 14th September at Nairn Community and Arts Centre will be rescheduled as soon as we can after the Queen’s funeral mourning period. Watch this space for further notices.
All are welcome to our first face to face meeting since COVID.
We have a busy Agenda after the summer break
Wed 14th September 2022 Agenda ( new date will be published shortly )
A G E N D A
- Members Present, Apologies and Declarations of Interest.
- Minutes of previous meeting.
- Treasurers Report.
- Planning Report
- A Plan for Nairn – LDP versus LPP
- IMFLDP consultation findings with some Nairn comments still missing (AC)
- Seek confirmation from THC LDP team that under NPF4 ( new Scottish Planning Framework) Community led LPP should come first to inform wider area LDP.
- Seek assurance that under NPF4, a Local Place Plan will be progressed for Nairn as a priority to replace current ‘old style’ IMFLDP
- CC to ask Nairnshire Committee (Nairn’s 4 new Councillors) to reject IMFLDP Nairn proposals, recently consulted on and rejected by locals as unfit for purpose.
- Health – Vaccination Policy in Nairn – update
- Energy Bills/Cost of Living Crisis – Call for Action to support Nairn households and businesses
- Meadowlea Phase 3 Drainage / Sewerage issues
- 20 mph speed limits in Lochloy estate
- Riverside and Seafront
- Safety/Maintenance of Paths at Harbour Street side
- Cyclists speed concerns, pedestrian safety
- Harbour Street Toilet provision update on FS-Case-430936914
- Waste issues- bins removed from Riverside Path, Harbour Street car wash and Lochloy.
- Play park facilities at Riverside progress update ?
- Motorhome charging at the Harbour(CG) and removal of equipment – FS-Case-430949325
- Parking permit spaces at Harbour for boat owners -a clear ‘change of use’ on CG land, with no transparency, prior public consultation or impact assessment. This contravenes THC own rules as well as Common Good and Equalities legislation
- Propose immediate removal of all parking notices at Harbour, Maggot, Links Cumming Street till all Nairn CG Asset governance is reviewed and properly managed locally.
- New Nairn Academy – public consultation and working group update – FS-Case-430957193
- St Ninians Church – proposed closure in 2025. Request for CC Action
- Updates (or comment) from THC Members present.
THC issues and consultations pending update from new Councillors include:
- Common Good consultations (Sandown/Grant St Yard/James Café)
- ‘Library Move’ THC consultation (no report yet and not clear who is responsible)
- Library community petition (as above – no THC response yet)
- ‘Voluntary’ Parking Charges on CG land –legality remains in question , and report of summer 2021 ‘pilot’ and promised community consultation is now a year overdue.
- Review of Ward Business Meetings and Nairnshire Committee to improve public access and transparency.
14. Future meeting dates
15. Chair closes meeting.
Nairn Academy plans -Public Consultation events this week – 6th and 8th September
We would also like to draw Nairn River residents attention to 2 important events this week on 6th and 8th September -when Highland Council will be consulting the Nairn public on proposals for the new Nairn Academy which is currently hoped to start development at the end of 2022 and to be completed by 2025.
This is your chance to have a say before plans are finalised for a school which will provide for the next 2 or 3 generations of Nairn children. More information is below
A public consultation event, with presentations at 4:30pm and 6pm, has been arranged at Nairn Academy, Duncan Drive, Nairn IV12 4RD on 6th September 2022.
Two virtual( online) public events have also been arranged for 8th September 2022 at 2pm and 7pm. These events will be open to all members of the community; please contact the email address CLestates@highland.gov.uk to request a link to join the virtual events.
More detail of the proposed Nairn Academy redevelopment will be uploaded to the Highland Council School Estate Management webpage here :
Note (4th Sept) – the proposed school ‘plan’ which was shared last week for the first time with the ‘stakeholder group’ (attended by representatives of the two Nairn Community Councils) isn’t on there yet….so keep checking nearer the 6th September event)
2 thoughts on “Public meeting of Nairn River Community Council postponed till after Queen’s Funeral”
Unfortunately Emma won’t be able to make this meeting as she will be in Edinburgh for Parliamentary duties.
Orla Hadjisophocleous (she/her) Communications & Office Manager to Emma Roddick MSP Highlands & Islands | A’ Ghàidhealtachd agus na h-Eileanan
I may take care of emails at unusual times – please don’t feel you have to respond outwith your normal working hours.
thanks for Emma’s interest and support !