The next public meeting of Nairn River Community Council will be at 7pm (note earlier start time) at Nairn Community and Arts Centre, King Street. All welcome
The Agenda is here and posted below
A G E N D A
- Members Present, Apologies and Declarations of Interest.
- Minutes of previous meeting.
- Treasurers Report.
- Planning Report
5. A Plan for Nairn – LDP versus LPP (After receiving updates from Ward Manager (LH) & SD)
•Seek confirmation from THC LDP team that under NPF4 (new Scottish Planning Framework) Community led LPPs come first to inform wider area LDPs.
•Seek assurance that under NPF4, a Local Place Plan will be progressed for Nairn as a priority to replace current ‘old-style’ IMFLDP on the table
•CC to ask Nairnshire Committee (Nairn’s 4 new Councillors) to reject IMFLDP Nairn proposals, recently consulted on and rejected by locals as unfit for purpose.
6. Updates (or comment) from THC Members present. THC issues and consultation spending update from new Councillors include:
7. Health and Vaccination Policy in Nairn
8. Nairn as a Model for Planning and Health
- The Burn at Burnside requires attention. Resident has contacted Springfield but has not received a response.
10. Riverside and Seafront
•Safety/Maintenance of Paths at Harbour Street side
•Cyclists speed concerns /pedestrian safety
•Harbour Street Toilet provision update on FS-Case-430936914
•Waste issues-bins removed from Riverside Path, Harbour Street carwash and Lochloy.
•Playpark facilities at Riverside – progress update
11. THC New Short Term Let Licensing Scheme
•Motorhome charging at the Harbour (CG)and removal of equipment-FS-Case-430949325
•Parking permit spaces at Harbour for boat owners, a ‘change of use’ on CG land with no transparency, prior public consultation or impact assessment so contravene THC own rules as well as Common Good and Equalities legislation
•Propose immediate removal of all parking notices at Harbour, Maggot, Links Cumming Street till the whole Nairn CG situation is investigated and properly managed locally.
13. New Nairn Academy–public consultation and working group update-FS-Case-430957193
14. St Ninians Church – proposed closure in 2025. Request for CC Action
16. Future meeting dates.
17. Chair closes meeting.
Any Agenda is subject to change at the Chairs discretion in accordance with Community Council Scheme of Establishment rules.